As we are nearing the end of summer I wanted to celebrate what I love most about the summer, ICE CREAM! So I made these really simple and tasty Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops!
-ice cream cones
-Pink melting chocolate
-1/2 cup or so of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Bake the cake mix according to directions. I chose to make chocolate. Once cool crumble the cake in a bowl.
2. Mix about half of the frosting into the bowl of the crumbled cake.I used chocolate frosting. Mix well and form into about a tablespoon size balls. Place on a baking sheet and wrap with plastic wrap to chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. If you can find mini ice cream cones it would be perfect but if not then just simply use regular ice cream cones and slice off the top (rim) of the cone with a knife. Then discard that piece. Then take the rest of your frosting and apply to the inside of the ice cream cones.
4. Melt the melting chocolate. I used pink but you can use other colors. Remove the cake balls from fridge. Dip the cake ball in the melted chocolate to secure it to the cone. Let dry a few minutes.
5. Then dip the cake pop into the melting chocolate(be sure to cover the entire cake pop). Allow to cool and harden for a few minutes.
6. Melt the chocolate chips either in the microwave or using the double boiler method. HOW
7. With a spoon top the cake pops with the melted chocolate. Lastly sprinkle with some rainbow sprinkles on the chocolate while it is still warm. Allow to cool and enjoy!
August 3rd is National Watermelon Day! Here is a fun watermelon treat perfect for summer. To make these watermelon rice krispie treats you will need:
-green food coloring
- 2 cups of rice krispies cereal
-25 large marshmallows
-1 1/2 tbs of butter
-red food coloring
-2 1/2 cup of rice krispies cereal
2 tbs butter
-mini chocolate chips
-Popsicle stick (optional)
First spray a round cake pan with cooking spray or grease with butter.
Next in a sauce pan on medium heat make the green layer by melting the butter and 25 marshmallows. Once melted pour into a bowl and add 1-2 drops of green food coloring. mix well and then mix in the rice krispies cereal. Blend well and pour into the cake pan and spread around the rim of the pan leaving the center empty(creating a green rim). Repeat this same step to create the red layer of rice krispies. Pour the red layer into the center of the cake pan and spread.
Allow to cool and once cool place the mini chocolate chips on the red layer to be the "seeds".Then cut into slices and if you wish insert a Popsicle stick.
Hi there! I am Felicia.
I am a Holiday Expert and self proclaimed "Fest-Diva"! I enjoy celebrating Holidays. Time to Get Holiday Happy!