As we are nearing the end of summer I wanted to celebrate what I love most about the summer, ICE CREAM! So I made these really simple and tasty Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops!
-ice cream cones
-Pink melting chocolate
-1/2 cup or so of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Bake the cake mix according to directions. I chose to make chocolate. Once cool crumble the cake in a bowl.
2. Mix about half of the frosting into the bowl of the crumbled cake.I used chocolate frosting. Mix well and form into about a tablespoon size balls. Place on a baking sheet and wrap with plastic wrap to chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. If you can find mini ice cream cones it would be perfect but if not then just simply use regular ice cream cones and slice off the top (rim) of the cone with a knife. Then discard that piece. Then take the rest of your frosting and apply to the inside of the ice cream cones.
4. Melt the melting chocolate. I used pink but you can use other colors. Remove the cake balls from fridge. Dip the cake ball in the melted chocolate to secure it to the cone. Let dry a few minutes.
5. Then dip the cake pop into the melting chocolate(be sure to cover the entire cake pop). Allow to cool and harden for a few minutes.
6. Melt the chocolate chips either in the microwave or using the double boiler method. HOW
7. With a spoon top the cake pops with the melted chocolate. Lastly sprinkle with some rainbow sprinkles on the chocolate while it is still warm. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Hi there! I am Felicia.
I am a Holiday Expert and self proclaimed "Fest-Diva"! I enjoy celebrating Holidays. Time to Get Holiday Happy!